The event you wish to register for is an ultra-distance cycling event known as bikepacking with semi-autonomy. Semi-autonomy is defined as the ability to be autonomous between two “Base de Vie”, in terms of food, clothing and safety equipment, allowing you to adapt to foreseeable and unforeseeable problems.
No assistance is allowed on the route outside the “Base de Vie”, on pain of immediate disqualification.
We want you to feel comfortable during your incredible adventure, so the checkpoints/”Base de Vie” will be equipped with: showers, toilets, a place to sleep, drinks and supplies.
The route is given to you when you register. If you leave the route at any time (e.g. to rest or resupply), you will have to rejoin the route at the point where you left it.
You will also receive a GPS tracker as part of your registration, which will allow the organisers to track you (and your friends and family!).
The road remains open to traffic. We ask you to remain vigilant and to respect the rules of the road during the event for your safety.
The deadlines are accessible to all athletes who have prepared for this event physically, mentally and with the right equipment. This year, there will be no disqualifying time limit on our base. If you finish outside the time limit, you will not be considered as an official finisher but as an out-of-time. finisher.
First of all, we remind you that you can subscribe to a cancellation insurance when you register which allows you to be reimbursed 100% up to 72 hours after your departure for any reason (valid for EU residents). However, if you do not opt for this insurance, the following refund policy will apply:
– From the opening of registration to 6 months before the event: 100% refund minus administration fee
– From 6 months to 4 months before the date of the event: 80% of the refund minus the administrative costs
– From 4 months to 2 months before the date of the event: 40% of the reimbursement minus administrative costs
– From 2 months to 1 month before the date of the event: 20% of the reimbursement minus administrative costs
– From 1 month to the date of the event: 0% of the refund
Administrative costs: €30
- Education Hub preparation platform
- Exclusive offers from our partners
- GPS tracker with alert button
- GPX Tracking platform and its 24-hour application
- Official event banner
- Dropbags: Transport & Returns
- Arrival bag: Transport & Returns
- 24-hour secure base with partner refreshments and drinks, showers, sleeping space and mechanical assistance (at some bases)
- 24-hour security centre: – 24-hour emergency number – 24-hour medical service – 24-hour participant information service
- A pre-event briefing and pasta party
- A post-event party at the finish
- Professional photographers and videos
- Finisher’s trophy
- Finisher’s t-shirt
- An exceptional group of staff and volunteers
- The chance to cross a beautiful country
- Memories that will last a lifetime
In pairs or in a team of four, you ride together for the duration of the event.
For your safety, we ask you to provide us with a medical certificate when you register. The medical certificate must state that you are not contra-indicated to practice ultracycling. Medical certificates will be accepted in French, English, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese.
By participating in the event you commit yourself to be insured on the day of the event (search / rescue / repatriation). Our partner Assur Connect offers you the possibility to subscribe to a contract specially negotiated for Race Across participants. We invite you to take note of it: CLICK HERE
You can change your registration up to 30 days before departure to another distance or format for a transfer fee of 30 euros including VAT.
You can only change your registration once.
Please note that no changes will be accepted less than 30 days before the event.
It is allowed to transfer your registration to another RACE ACROSS SERIES event.
Finally, for any modification request, we ask you to contact us by e-mail specifying NAME/FIRST NAME/NUMBER
We accept licences from the following sports federations
o Fédération sportive de la police nationale (FSPN)
o Fédération sportive des ASPTT
o Fédération Française de Cyclotourisme (FFCT)
o Fédération sportive et gymnique du travail(FSGT)
o Union française des œuvres laïques d’éducation physique (UFOLEP)
Make sure you upload the current season’s licence so that it is validated.
In order for each participant to be able to take part in the race of their dreams one day and to ensure the safety of the participants, the organisation had to innovate and develop access to the 2500K and 1000K distances on our RACE ACROSS SERIES events. You will therefore need to have significant experience in order to be able to present yourself on the start line in a serene manner. For the 1000KM, you will need to meet one of these conditions:
- FINISHER 300 KM in the last 14 months
- FINISHER 500 KM in the last 24 months
- FINISHER 1000 KM in the last 36 months
- FINISHER 2500 KM in the past
- Reference on Event / Long distance cycling event (road, gravel, MTB, virtual) / BRM or a self-organised adventure of at least 500 KM
- Other references can be validated at the discretion of the organisation according to the profiles
Here is the list of mandatory equipment common to all distances.
– Approved helmet (CE STANDARDS)
– Front bike light *
– Helmet light (headlamp)
– Rear bike light x2 *
– High visibility waistcoat or visibility harness
– Gps meter with downloaded route in one or more segments
– Repair kits **
– Reflective strips ***
– Mobile phone with the number of the security headquarters ****
– 2 survival blankets (1.40m x 2m)
– Water reserve minimum 1 litre
– Food reserve (Recommendation: 400kcal)
*With batteries or spare battery for each lamp
**Multi tools / 2 chambers / 3 tyre changers / Pump / Patches and glue)
*** Rear shroud / front fork – Provided by our partner The Beam
**** keep your phone on, do not hide your number and do not forget to leave with a charged battery
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDED FOR THE 1000 KM :
– Jacket to withstand bad weather type Gore-Tex
We ask that you have 2 survival blankets so that you can get to safety but also help a participant or have a spare if needed. With a bivy, you will not be able to help another participant, so the bivy does not replace the 2 survival blankets required.
All our team is concerned about your safety, so we will apply checks of your equipment at several moments:
1/ Control of all the mandatory equipment when the bib is distributed
2/ Control at each exit of the base de vie: 3 elements drawn at random
Note: a penalty of 2 hours will be applied for each missing item (in the start area or at the base de vie)
On our Compact Endurance events such as the Race Across Paris or the Race Across Belgium, you will return to our base at the end of each loop. You will then have access to your dropbag or finish bag.
The organisation will ensure the repatriation of the DROP BAGS to the finish village for riders who have abandoned. The repatriation period depends on logistical constraints and the organisation cannot guarantee the complete repatriation of bags before the end of the event.
As the content of the bags is not checked, no dispute over the content on arrival is admissible.
It is recommended that you do not place valuables in your bag.
As soon as your withdrawal is registered, members of the organisation team will contact the persons concerned to find out whether or not the DROP BAG can be pick-up on site or if the DROP BAG is sent by parcel post. This will be at the participant’s expense.